BTEC Health & Social Care
Duration: 2 Years
What will I Study?
A BTEC National is a 2 year applied learning course that would normally be studied alongside a range of traditional A Level programmes or another BTEC National.
- The Extended Certificate is equivalent to 1 A Level and carries a maximum of 140 UCAS points.
- The Diploma is equivalent to 2 A Levels and carries a maximum of 280 UCAS points.
- The Extended Diploma is equivalent to 3 A Levels and carries a Maximum of 420 UCAS points.
Health and Social Care has a 100% pass rate at Post 16.
You will study a variety of topics including:
- Human lifespan development
- Working in Health and Social Care
- Anatomy and physiology
- Meeting individual care and support needs
- Work experience in Health and Social Care
- Promoting public health
- Infection prevention and control
- Principles of safe practice in Health and Social Care