The Academy’s Pledges initiative ensures that students understand the value of extra-curricular involvement within and outside of the Academy. Through meeting the ten Pledges, that range from attending enrichment activities to organising fundraising events, students gain confidence and valuable life experiences that will help to prepare them for life beyond Outwood Academy Hemsworth.
The Pledges encourage students to be actively involved in the wider school community and to realise that their experiences whilst at school stretch further than the classroom. By promoting independence and teamwork, students can apply new skills and improved confidence to all aspects of their lives. Whether it’s representing the Academy on stage, on the field or on excursions, the Pledges encourage our students to get involved, make new friends and take pride in themselves and all they do.
The Pledges can be found on page 170 in your planner
1. Regularly attend and after Academy activity.
e.g. Choir, band, drama club.
2. Represent the Academy in a sporting, cultural or academic event.
e.g. Netball match, rugby match, debate club competition.
3. Take part in Outward Bound or other residential programme.
e.g. Languages trip.
4. Attend a national sporting, cultural or academic event.
e.g. Big Bang Fair, FA Cup Final.
5. Take part in an Academy production or event.
e.g. Christmas concert.
6. Take part in a formal presentation to an audience.
e.g. English speaking/listening presentation.
7. Be actively involved in an international experience.
e.g. International drop down days.
8. Be actively involved in a community experience,
e.g. Litter picking, volunteering.
9. Participate in a fund raising event in the Academy.
e.g. Participate in Christmas jumper day.
10. Help with the sustainability of the Academy.
e.g. Walking/cycling to school, recycling, litter pick.
How many Pledges do I need to…
Graduate from year 8?
Go to the Year 11 prom?
Be ready for University and beyond?
This week for the optional numeracy challenge, students were asked to research a "Famous Mathematician" This week t… https://t.co/agdrYtIT7D
Outwood Grange Academies Trust, a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales with company number 06995649. Registered office address: Potovens Lane, Outwood, Wakefield, West Yorkshire WF1 2PF. VAT number: 158 2720 04. Outwood Grange Academies Trust is an exempt charity.